This position is expected to last from May-September
The objective of the Seasonal Delivery Driver Assistant is to support the Delivery Driver in all aspects including: loading and unloading of trucks, financial management, and customer service.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Loads and unloads product from trucks by ways of forklift, pallet jack, hand truck, or lifting
- Operates or assists trucks for the delivery of products following preset routes provided
- Serves as a brand advocate and ambassador in every interaction with clients and the public
- Follows directions on load sheet to properly load product for delivery
- Collects payment or invoices from clients
- Product knowledge in regarding expiration dates and rotating products
- Conducts daily inspections of the vehicle at end of shift
- Complies with all DOT and in-house regulations and rules
- Provides quality service to our clients and positively represent Schott Distributing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
The employee is required to walk and stand frequently.
This position requires frequent lifting of cases of product weighing between 25-30 lbs. and occasionally lifting up to 170 lbs. (keg). Two wheeled hand carts are used to assist which weigh 30-35 lbs.
The employee is required to enter and ride in a cab of the delivery truck.
The position requires frequent to constant reaching forward while handling and sliding product above and below waist level.
The position also requires frequent carrying/pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs.; the position requires the ability to use stairs frequently; and occasional sitting, climbing, balancing, stooping and turning.
Frequent repetitive grasping with both hands is required while performing regular job tasks.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school education or GED equivalent
- Forklift Certification (or willing to obtain)
- Clean driving record